Terms & Conditions
Lifeline Queensland as part of UnitingCare Queensland – Fundraising Guidelines
As the organiser of the fundraising activity, you have a responsibility to ensure it is safe and legal, as well as lots of fun. Please read these guidelines in full before registering your online fundraising page:
- The person who registers the online fundraising page will bear the sole responsibility for coordinating the fundraising activity and must do so in an appropriate, professional and responsible manner.
- Responsibility for the safety of the activity lies with the organiser of the fundraising activity. This includes organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services as relevant. Your activity will not be covered by UnitingCare Queensland’s public liability insurance.
- Queensland has different fundraising regulations to other states and it is your responsibility to ensure you meet any obligations outlined in these regulations, including organising any permits, licenses, insurance or authorities to fundraise where necessary, particularly for raffles and competitions. You can learn more about Queensland’s fundraising laws here
- You must send us any offline funds raised, along with a complete record of income and expenditure, supporting receipts and invoices within 28 days of the activity being completed.
- You can deduct any essential costs of organising your activity, as long as they are properly documented and are fair and reasonable (total expenses must be less than 30% of total funds raised).
- You must not solicit public donations through general door-to-door, street or telephone collections, or in public places such as shopping centres or on public transport.
- UnitingCare Queensland and our organisations have numerous relationships with corporate organisations across Australia so if contacting large companies for support, please only contact their local offices where you are holding the event rather than their head offices.
- People under 18 collecting donations or money need to have an adult with them.
- Uniting Care Queensland will not be held liable for any costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the fundraising activity.
- If you do not coordinate the fundraising activity in an appropriate, professional and responsible manner, or you seem likely to not meet any of the above responsibilities, UnitingCare Queensland reserves the right to withdraw your authority to fundraise at any time.